Friday, June 17, 2011

I Don't Sink So (posted 10/19/2009)

Well, alright, the title of this entry has nothing to do with what I wanted to write about.  I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I did want to tell you we have had some major, amazing, milestone action in the last 48 hours.

Katy Rose WENT PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!  Sorry, had to put that out there.  After months of having a little potty that has songs and a sensor to reward the child after doing some business, but not having success getting her interested in sitting on it, I decided a different strategy was in order.  We went shopping together and picked out a potty.  It's a froggy.  It's very cute.  It's very simple.  It's $12.

This weekend, Katy Rose managed to make pee pee in the potty a number of times.  I used books to keep her entertained on the potty, and Littlest Pet Shop stickers to reward her for trying.  We're early in the game, but kickoff has finally taken place, at long last.

Back to the title... whenever we ask Katy Rose if she has poopy in her diaper or has to make pee pee, she has gotten in the habit of smirking and saying in a teasing voice, "I don't sink so..."  What a little stinker.

Please, Lord, let me be able to donate the new, unopened tube of Desitin... Let's get this kid out of diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment