Friday, June 17, 2011

Monkeys (posted 5/4/2009)

Thanks to free ticket vouchers through Mike's company, we set out on yet another incredibly exciting adventure yesterday--taking Katy Rose to see Sesame Street Live.  The show was called "Elmo's Green Thumb" and was a really cute show about Elmo's potted sunflower friend named Sunny and the adventure involved in transplanting Sunny into the ground.  Believe me, it was quite an adventure, complete with nearly every non-human Sesame Street character from Oscar to the Count, Cookie Monster, Telly, Grover... even Prairie Dawn, the girl puppet with blond hair.

We went with our sister-in-law, Siobhan, and her daughter, Ceilli.  (Sounds like Shuh-von and Kaylee.)  I thought it was a really great show, with tons of songs and a fantastic set.  The show was entertaining, the costumes were amazing, and so was the choreography and dancers.  I was highly impressed, even more than I was at Disney on Ice.  Katy Rose, who happens to be a huge Elmo fan, had a great time too.  She sat on my lap again, but this time it was because the booster seats that would have enabled her to sit in her own seat without it folding up ran out 20 minutes before the show even started.  But it was just as well, because she definitely had a better view from my lap.

After the show had ended, the five of us went out for pizza and ice cream.  We had a yummy Napoli pizza from zpizza, my favorite.  Then we went next door to The Pink Spot and had ice cream.  Katy Rose had a scoop of a low fat, no sugar added black cherry (which was actually quite delicious).  I had a double scoop of vanilla and kona coffee, with some Oreo crumbles on top.  Mike had a sundae with vanilla and strawberry ice creams, Siobhan had a sundae that had a brownie in it and looked amazing, and Ceilli had a scoop of cotton candy ice cream.  It kind of looked like an ice cream version of My Little Pony colors.

Katy Rose and Ceilli quickly found the game corner and pulled out some toys to play with.  One of the toys was a barrel of monkeys... I never had one as a kid, but I know what they are because of Toy Story.  (Sad, I know.)  They also hauled out some pieces from the game Cootie, which I did have as a kid and it was actually one of my favorites.  Between manipulating that spoon for some cherry goodness and making those monkeys oo ooh ah aah in the corner of the ice cream shop, Katy was thoroughly entertained.

As we were getting back in the car to go home, I said to Katy, "Wow, we did a lot today.  Did you have fun today?"  I got a one-word answer.  "Monkeys!"  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment