Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Brief Tribute to Yellow (posted 1/18/2007)

Well, here I am, with less than 8 weeks til the due date.  I just want to say how relieved I am that I made it through the holidays without getting sick.  Of course, now I'm on my 4th cold of the pregnancy, and let me tell you, it really does suck.  But it's the little things that help me feel better.  For instance, did you ever notice how some yellow things can bring you happiness without even trying?

My wonderful husband just finished painting the baby's room a happy, sunny shade of Pooh Bear Yellow.  Even though there's nothing in the room right now, it's amazing how the color makes the room a happy place.  I think babies would choose this color if they knew how to communicate their choice with us.  I'm so glad I picked this color.  (By the way, I won't even mention how Pooh brings happiness and he is yellow... that should be a given.)

Another happy yellow thing?  The chair my husband was forced to drag out of the extra room so he could fit my piano in there.  Even though it can become uncomfortable after a while, it is a nice place I can sit and put my feet up in front of the TV.  It's easier to get up from the yellow chair than from the sofa, and I can spin it around to face any direction, which comes in handy when I need to turn around and talk to my wonderful husband while he is cooking, doing dishes, or making his manhattan.

Third on my list of happy yellow things: well, this one was temporary but it made a big impression on me.  Being under the weather, I was going to have some microwave soup for lunch.  But I really wanted some bread.  My friend invited me out to the Drip Coffee Lounge and I had the happiest yellow thing for lunch: a perfect grilled cheese sandwich.  I mean, it may have been the best grilled cheese ever.  The bread was heavenly and she even put tomato slices on it for me.  This place uses organic foods and I don't know if it was psychological or the fog of my head cold or what, but it was phenomenal.  I could have eaten two of them.  Major love to the Drip staff for this happy yellow creation.  http://dripcoffeelounge.com/sides&Snacks.php 

Well, I've still got a lot of the day left... after work: a dr. appt. and a childbirth class tonight.  Maybe it won't be so bad if I just keep thinking happy yellow thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment