Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two Reasons Why I'm a Big Nerd (posted 7/2/2008)

I have so much to talk about right now because it has been a good while since I last blogged.  However, I'm still not caught up on sleep since I went to the Sigma Kappa national convention last week.  So I'll do my best to keep it brief because I should already be in bed snoozing.

Where was I?  Oh, yes, two (just a small sample) reasons why Wendy is a big nerd.  Wait, I can only remember one... OH, right, now I remember.  Yes, it has been a long and painful week so far at work.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

So the day before I left for convention, Mike bought us a new digital camera.  We both felt this was a necessity because I was afraid I might want to take more than 59 photos on my trip, and our only digital camera only held 59 photos.  I tried to buy a new memory stick for it before Christmas, and they don't even sell them anymore (it is a Sony Cybershot from the Stone Age).  So he bought a Kodak EasyShare camera.  Great, right?  Well, I did take more than 59 photos by the time I got home and wanted to transfer them onto the computer.  Now, here I am several days later, still unable to figure out why I can't just transfer the photos to any of three computers I have tried.  What is wrong with me?  I must be a Big Nerd--I can't even get my photos from the camera to the computer with a CD full of EasyShare software and a USB cable.  I give up, it's time for bed.

That brings me to the other reason I'm a Big Nerd.  I went to the American Idols Live concert last night with my mom and a friend.  It was really good and we had great seats.  I know that makes me a nerd as it is, but it gets better.  See, I was really hoping David Cook would win (which he did), and right around the time of the season finale, I had a dream one night.  I dreamt that I was at some kind of low-key party with a bunch of people I really didn't know.  That's when my really good buddy, David Cook, came over to me and then introduced me to his friends at the party.  Yeah, as it turns out, in my little fantasyland, David and I are pretty much BFFs. 

And that, my lovely readers, is why I am such a Big Nerd.  Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment