Sunday, January 23, 2011

Incredible Journey? Or Incredible Stupidity? (posted 10/7/2007)

Alright, I may be crazy.  In a little more than a week, I am planning to embark on an amazing, difficult journey.  No, really, an actual journey--I'm going to take Katy on an airplane to Atlanta.  Am I crazy to attempt this by myself?  I don't know what to think anymore.  Every time I expect "bad" behavior from her, she surprises me.  Go to a movie?  She sat on my lap the whole time, quiet.  Watched some movie, drank a bottle, napped... not a peep.  Last weekend she was baptized.  We had the church to ourselves, so it really was all about her... she totally talked back to the deacon because he was talking and looking at a prayer book instead of her!  But when we went to the baptismal font and I held her over the water, she was still, calm, and didn't squirm or make a sound.

So here I am, planning and plotting the best way to get Katy, her stuff, my stuff, and me through the airport, onto a plane for 3.5 hours, and into a rental car.  My plans are shaping up and I am optimistic... but I still am worried about the whole airplane part.  I bought her a seat, and we're bringing her car seat on board, but I'm still a little worried.  What if she cries?  What if the whole plane hates me?  What if I have to pee?

It's all in the name of friendship... the trip will give us a chance to visit some of my friends from high school and college, and we will get to see one of my dear friends get married.  I hope Katy doesn't try stealing that show.  She is such a ham.  If she wants you to look at her, talk to her or smile at her, and you aren't doing those things, she will do her darnedest to make you.  She will fake cough until you can't help but look at her.  My mom has encouraged this because every time Katy would choke on extra drool and start to cough, Grandma would say, "Oh! You're coughing, are you alright?!" in a sugary tone.  And now this is her tried-and-true method to get attention.  Well, I must say, she is the cutest 7-month-old ever.  Don't worry, I'm her mom so I'm completely unbiased. 

Well, wish us luck.  We're leaving on the 17th.  I'm starting my prayers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment