Sunday, January 23, 2011

Burnin' Rubber (posted 2/10/2008)

Boy, can I call it or what? 

Well, I was close, anyway.  Katy Rose has started walking, on occasion.  She took her first unaided steps a week ago, and we've had some recurrences this week.  But she's in such a hurry!

So we were sitting on the floor playing that game again, where I pick her up and set her down and let go to see how long she can stand up without falling down.  And she got so excited while we were playing, that she started kicking her legs before I put her down, and took off 3-4 steps on landing!  It was like a little wind-up car, where you wind it up and set it down and let go and it takes off across the floor. 

She has so much fun taking steps by herself that we are trying to keep from paths toward hard objects, like coffee tables.  Last night she hit her forehead on my knee, which wasn't very fun. 

Anyway, I just wanted to spread the word... she's walking at 11 months!  Holy cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment