Saturday, January 22, 2011

Silliness: Genetic Predisposition, or Learned Characteristic?

In my first post here on Blogger, I should probably explain what I'm doing here, what I'm blogging about and why... but I won't.  I don't honestly expect anyone to read this blog--it's little more than an online journal.  So I'll lay down my one rule: I write what I want, and if you don't like it, don't read it. :)  Really, I am a nice person.  On to the topic at hand: Silliness.

My daughter, KR, is almost four years old.  I wrote a blog about silliness some time ago (which I may end up adding to this blog), so I won't try to rewrite what I wrote before. 

Some days, KR is absolutely nutty just trying to get a laugh out of me.  When she succeeds, she'll repeat the behavior over and over until I can't laugh anymore.  When I laugh at her, it's because she's done something really silly.  One day she stepped into a tote bag, grabbed the handles, and started across the living room in her new mode of transportation a la potato sack race.  It was hysterical!

Whenever she does something silly now, she will deny it with every fiber of her being.  She insists, "No, my daddy is silly!"  I have to laugh... of course he is--where does she think she gets it?

No comments:

Post a Comment